Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

synology

I have a quick question I have a ds1019+ that decided to fail on me today spoke to synology its a few months out of warranty so they wont help me but we have a hardware failure. All the drives are fine and there really isnt much data on the hard drives but its important documents i really need. How do I pull the data off the hard drives and store it on a working nas? Is there special software needed if so is there one you recommend? I have a ds1621+ that is working i use for my movies its full of 8tb drives not sure if that can be used to pull the information off the drives

thanks for the help
I'm sorry to hear about the failure of your DS1019+. To retrieve the data from the hard drives, you can consider two options. First, you can get another Plus series NAS, like the DS1621+, and simply move the drives from the DS1019+ to the new unit to continue accessing your important documents. Alternatively, you can take a more intricate approach by connecting the hard drives to a Linux machine. You can find a helpful guide on how to recover RAID or transfer data from a broken NAS to a new one on our website at https://nascompares.com/recover-raid-or-...p-asustor/. Both methods will enable you to access and store your data effectively. If you choose to go with the DS1621+, it's worth mentioning that it's a great choice for storing your movies with its 8TB drives. I hope this helps, and feel free to reach out if you have any more questions. Best of luck!