Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which NAS for Plex Server

Hi,

I really hope you can help make up my mind. I bought 2-14 TB Reds and am just getting into setting up my first server, mainly for photos and Plex. I bought the DS224+ for $349 CAD and can purchase the DS923+ for $650. I have watched many of your videos and and even more confused about which one to go with. I certainly do not need to have 4K video. I hope to hear from you very soon.

David Salmon
I understand the struggle of choosing the right NAS, and I'm here to assist. Considering your focus on photos and Plex without the necessity for 4K video, the DS224+ at $349 CAD could be a solid choice. It comes with a quad-core Intel Celeron J4125, providing decent performance for local 4K playback. However, if you're eyeing remote 4K streaming using the Plex app in the future, the DS923+ at $650 CAD might be a more future-proof option. With its robust hardware, including the AMD Ryzen R1600 and 4 GB DDR4 ECC, it ensures smoother performance and accommodates potential future needs.

For a more personalized recommendation, you can check out our NAS Finder Tool here: https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/