Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Choosing a NAS

I have had a QNap TS453a for years now and mostly have used it as a Plex server and file storage for photos etc.
Photos mean a lot to me and last year my Qnap was hacked and all of my files were encrypted.
I was increadibly fortunate to have most of my photos and home videos on an external harddrive.

Ever since I have thought about possible getting a new NAS, and maybe staying clear from QNAP.

The suject has now come up as I have recently bought a house and would like to buy a couple of security cameras and use surveilence station.

I accept that you may be very busy but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fernando from London
Hey Fernando! Thanks for reaching out. Considering your budget, storage needs, and plans for surveillance cameras, I'd recommend the Synology DS423+. With its quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 and transcoding capabilities, it's a solid choice for handling Plex, securing your valuable photos, and supporting surveillance station for your new cameras. Plus, it offers 4 bays, allowing for future expansion if needed. It strikes a good balance now and ensures you're covered for the next five years. Feel free to check out more details here: https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/