Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

M.2 SATA drives not recognized by TVS-473e?

Hi, another hardware question. I am still setting up that new TVS-473e, following the videos by NAS COMPARES. To which I have subscribed--thank you.

I have spent the last few days trying to determine why the NAS will not recognize the installed m.2 SATA drives for cache that I have installed in the internal m.2 sockets. Once installed in the sockets, the drives are grayed out on both the Storage Disks and Cache Acceleration tabs. If I click Locate, I do get a red colored slot id message on the display.

I have installed two separate brands: an ADATA SU800 m.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SATA and a pair of Western Digital WD Red SA500 SATA SSDs. None were recognized by the NAS. I have verified the 4pin connector is properly aligned during each installation. I have moved the SATA drives back and forth between sockets. I have RESET the NAS. (I have viewed several youTube help videos.) Nothing I have tried has made the NAS recognize the internal m.2 SATA drives.

I have called Western Digital support, who theorizes it is likely a NAS issue. I have ordered an SATA M.2 USB external case to use to test each drive for viability. I have also attempted to contact QNAP support. I have completed a service ticket and gotten a ticket number. Unfortunately, I have failed to speak with QNAP support in Pomona, CA due to an over burdened voice message system failure.

I am so frustrated. I can say this has me totally stumped. In WIN10, I would initialize the drives next but I do not know if that is even possible with a QNAP NAS. Is there a trick that I am missing or do you think I might merely have a defective NAS. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
M.2 SATA drives not recognized by TVS-473e? - by Enquiries - 02-28-2020, 03:37 PM