Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Asustor AS1002T fails to read HDD without initialization

(10-11-2024, 03:32 PM)ed Wrote: Thank you for your message. It sounds like a challenging situation, but there is a potential solution to help you recover your data.

You could use a SATA docking station to connect your HDDs via USB to a computer. This method is quite straightforward, especially with RAID 1 configurations, as the data is mirrored on both drives. Once you connect the drives, you should be able to access and back up your important family data without any issues.

After you have successfully backed up your data, you will need to reinitialize the NAS and format the drives to ensure proper functionality moving forward.

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I do have issues reading the data via SATA docking station. I can see 3 partitions (sizes 255MB, 2TB, 5.5TB). I can see some system files on the 255MB partition. But both 2TB and 5.5TB partitions are shown completely empty. In Windows and in Linux Ubuntu systems as well. Both HDD produces this phenomena, as though our important family data was just erased in an instant from both HDDs. What could have happened? And most importantly is there any way to recover our data?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Asustor AS1002T fails to read HDD without initialization - by balazsnba - 10-11-2024, 09:06 PM