Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Speedy 4K HDR Plex Server

I'm looking into purchasing a Synology Nas this holiday season to transfer my Plex server from my main PC. I need to be able to play seamless 4K movies in HDR. I have 7 users on my Plex account (one in Japan) and would like them to be able to use it while I watch a 25-40GB 4K file of "The Dark Knight" for example. Love the channel, but would love to hear your personal feelings on my situation.
For your need to run a speedy 4K HDR Plex server and accommodate seven users, including one from Japan, you'll want a NAS that can handle both the transcoding demands and the bandwidth required for high-quality streaming. The Synology DS423+ is an excellent choice. It's well-suited for multimedia tasks, and it can handle remote streaming, even at 4K quality. Plus, it fits your budget nicely. However, if you're looking for a more powerful solution with an Intel i5 processor for heavy transcoding, consider the Qnap TVS-h874. This NAS would ensure a seamless experience, especially when streaming those large 4K files. Alternatively, you can use the DS423+ in combination with Synology's DS Video app, which is more efficient in terms of system resources. Your choice depends on your specific needs and preferences, but both options are solid for your use case. Enjoy your Plex experience!