Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Multi Backup

Hi Everyone ,

Need some advice … I am trying to find a way to backup all my current / furfure systems … Currently I have a Windows 11 , Windows 10 , and a Truenas computer …

Right now my Windows computers backup to a 2 day Synology and the TrueNas backups to some USB drives I had laying around …

What I am trying to plan is a single box that will back everything that I can grab and run if my place ever catches on fire or something happens …

My plan was to get a Synology DS1621+ and have everything back up to that … But with the cost of it I am wondering if building something might be cheaper …

I already have hard drives I can use just need a case and the cast of the parts … Trying to keep it same and compact … So thought I would ask here for advice and see if anyone got back to me …

Thanks for the help …
When it comes to a comprehensive backup solution for your Windows systems and Truenas computer, the Synology DS1621+ is undoubtedly a strong contender, thanks to its robust Active Backup for Business software. It provides excellent backup capabilities and ease of use, ensuring your data remains secure. While building a DIY NAS is a cost-effective approach, it might lack the convenience and features offered by the Synology solution. It's worth considering the long-term benefits and ease of setup that the DS1621+ provides, especially if you value seamless backups and restoration. For your specific requirements and the peace of mind that your data will be safe in case of unforeseen events, the DS1621+ could be a worthwhile investment.