Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology & Switch

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my router to a Synology rt6600ax one. I'm looking now at switches to complete the wiring and I'm undecided between a unmanaged or managed switch. I've been looking at the managed ubiquiti unifi flex mini but afraid the managed part of it won't be very compatible with the Synology router functionality. Right now I've split my network into safe home network, IoT and office for work laptops that are isolated. Does this makes sense or should I go for a simple unmanaged switch?

Thanks,
Andre
Synology routers are feature-packed and offer robust functionality, often negating the need for additional smart switches. With Synology handling your network management, a simple unmanaged switch like those offered by Netgear should suffice, ensuring a straightforward and cost-effective solution that aligns well with your Synology router's capabilities. This approach allows you to maintain your network segmentation while keeping things simple. Feel free to explore the extensive capabilities of your Synology router, which might eliminate the need for a more complex switch setup.