Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Moving forward from QNAP TS-673

Dear Eddie / Robbie,
I am wathich your youtube channel and already found a lot of valuable information that helped me with my QNAP TS-673.
As I plan to move forward, I started thinking about Synology NAS (my sister got for her business 923+) and I liked the simplicity of Synology.
I am puzzled if I should stick with QNAP based on my new requirements.

NAS requirements:
- min 4 bay, 6 is OK
- 4 CPU cores (preferred)
- sync between NAS same brand (over internet too)
- backup email and workspace (google), data, photos
- video pass-through (Does Ryzen has it?)
- multimedia streaming
- survileance 2-4 cameras
- user friendly interface, straighforward, responsive, smooth experience
- good tech support
- min 2.5GB lan or PCI port
- virtual machine (1 is OK)
- encryption of data
- nvme ports (option)
- integrated GPU (preferred)
- no need to buy additional licences
Not needed: scalability, video editing
Don't like about QNAP: slugish, not intiutive, for IT geek, security issues.
Thank you
It's great to hear that you've been enjoying our YouTube channel and finding valuable information for your NAS needs. When considering your requirements and your desire for a user-friendly and straightforward NAS experience, the Synology DS423+ is a suitable choice. This 4-bay NAS model offers four CPU cores, a user-friendly interface with the Synology DSM operating system, and excellent tech support. It supports data synchronization, data backup, multimedia streaming, surveillance with multiple cameras, and even running virtual machines. The DS423+ has options for adding NVMe SSDs for caching and comes with multiple Gigabit LAN ports. To achieve your desired network speed, you can add a USB 2.5GbE or 5GbE adapter, which is a common solution. This NAS is versatile and well-suited for both home use and business backup over the internet. However, please check for its availability and consider any additional adapters or accessories you may need for optimal performance within your budget.