Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Expanding Storage Solutions for Hosting Content for clients (large video as well)

Hey Guys! I cannot believe how many countless hours I have spend researching into storage solutions for my small business and can't seem to decide on the best solution. With your wealth of knowledge I would love any & all insight you could provide. Here's what I am up against-

Currently, I store client content virtually on iCloud Drive for easy access to photos or short videos for clients to create marketing/social content.

Additionally, I have a client whom we shoot a podcast for & are aiming to sell space for tv where our recording -3camera 4k set up becomes extensive in the storage realm.

With these in mind, my 40tb (2x 20tb) external HDD aren't cutting it. Too much valuable information & content to risk. Also, the iCloud Drive solution works perfect for my business minus 1 flaw- iCloud doesn't share tags which makes it difficult to work on things together with an employee or contractor making organizing more difficult (also protecting the client data *redundancy)
Hey there, it's clear you're in a bit of a storage bind, but no worries, we've got a great solution for you. To meet your current needs and ensure your setup is future-proofed, I'd recommend considering the Synology DS1621+ or one of the 8-bay models from the 'Plus' series. The DS1621+ is powered by the AMD Ryzen R1600 CPU with 4 GB DDR4 ECC SODIMM RAM, offering robust performance for your large video content and multimedia. The 8-bay NAS units provide ample storage space and can accommodate future expansion as your business grows. Additionally, these units support SSD caching, which can significantly boost performance. To tackle your iCloud tag-sharing concern, Synology's DiskStation Manager (DSM) has robust collaboration tools that will make teamwork a breeze.