Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS consulting

Hi there,
I have been following your videos of Youtube to install and do configuration with anything related to the two NAS we have at the office.

We had our first NAS only for a year and everything worked fine. However, we started having a lot of problems since I installed the second NAS, and since it can get pretty technical, I believe I didn't set the proper configurations for the second NAS. I get issues all the time with IP conglict, and I can't manage to donwload a VPN configuration that can work for any of the NAS.

Would you be able to give me some consultation about it?

Thank you in advance,
Julia
Thank you for reaching out about your NAS configuration challenges. Given the complexity you've encountered with traditional VPN setups, I recommend considering Tailscale as an alternative solution for secure remote access to your NAS devices.

Tailscale is known for its simplicity and ease of use, making it a great choice for setting up secure network connections without the typical complications associated with traditional VPNs. Here are a few advantages of using Tailscale:

Simplicity: Tailscale offers a user-friendly interface that simplifies the setup and management of network connections. This is especially helpful if you're dealing with multiple NAS devices.

Zero-Config VPN: Tailscale uses a zero-config approach, which means you won't need to deal with complex VPN configurations or port forwarding. This can help eliminate the IP conflict issues you've been experiencing.

Cross-Platform Compatibility: Tailscale supports a wide range of operating systems, making it easier to access your NAS from various devices and platforms.

Security: Tailscale employs strong encryption and authentication methods to ensure the security of your connections.

To get started with Tailscale, follow these steps:

Install the Tailscale client on the devices you want to connect to the NAS.

Join these devices to your Tailscale network.

Access your NAS devices securely using the Tailscale network.