Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

tvs-673e

Rob can you help me out i can't find a capable m.2 SSD for caching within a budget for this older nas tvs-673e iam also looking ran it came with 8 gig like to move it to 32 thank you in advance Kelly for the USA
I'd be happy to help you find a capable M.2 SSD for caching and provide some guidance on upgrading the RAM for your QNAP TVS-673e NAS. Here are some recommendations and tips:

M.2 SSD for Caching:

Considering the age of your NAS, you'll want an M.2 SSD with a SATA interface as the TVS-673e doesn't support NVMe SSDs. You can use M.2 SATA SSDs for caching.
Look for a 2280 form factor M.2 SSD (80mm length) to ensure compatibility.
Some reputable brands for M.2 SATA SSDs include Samsung, Crucial, Kingston, Western Digital, and SanDisk.
A 250GB or 500GB M.2 SSD should suffice for caching purposes without breaking the bank. You can choose a capacity that suits your budget.
RAM Upgrade:

The TVS-673e supports up to 16GB of DDR3L RAM, and you can upgrade it from 8GB to 16GB for improved performance.
To upgrade to 32GB, you might face compatibility issues as the official QNAP specifications state 16GB as the maximum supported RAM. You could try 32GB, but there's no guarantee it will work.