Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nas primarily for ISO 4K movies, 3d video files and music

I'm a big fan of your YouTube channel, really informative and entertaining. Keep up the good work!

My use case is along the lines of your YouTube review on the Synology TVS H874, however I will use it with Zidoo playback devices but not with PLEX.

I believe Zidoo uses SAMBA 2 software to access ISOs.

If the Synology TVS H874 with Intel i7 will work best in my use case, what about adding SSD what will that add, if anything?

My collection is approximately 2,000 discs, CD, DVD and Blu Rays...

I look forward to your reply.

Most kindest regards,
Thank you for your kind words and for being a fan of our YouTube channel; we truly appreciate your support! In your specific use case for managing a substantial collection of 2,000 discs, including CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays, a powerful NAS is essential, and the QNAP TVS H874 with an Intel i7 is indeed a robust choice. What's great about QNAP is its support for switching between all three SMB protocols, including SMB2, which is relevant for your Zidoo playback devices using SAMBA 2.

The Intel i7 processor in the QNAP TVS H874 is a powerhouse, making it one of the most capable NAS solutions on the market. It can handle a wide range of tasks, including managing large media libraries and serving as a reliable central hub for your extensive collection.

As for adding SSDs, it's important to note that SSDs are typically introduced to a NAS setup to enhance HDD performance, particularly in situations with ten or more users accessing data simultaneously. In your case, where your primary use is managing media files and streaming content, adding SSDs may not significantly improve performance for media streaming, especially considering the high capacity of your collection. SSDs are better suited for accelerating virtual machines, Docker containers, web servers, and similar applications.