Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS ADVICE

needing help on the whole nas device and server I bought a WD MYCLOUDEXL2 and its nice but in finding im constantly having to maintain its on something didnt sign out of emal an so on. I need help to help me with two laptops my mourher who lives in another state with one latptop and my grandfather who uses an old hp just fort suddenlink but has the poor hp so bogged down from pictures form many iphone libraries i need it all consolidated to one network
For your home network consolidation needs, especially on a budget of $300, the Synology DS223j is an excellent starting point. This 2-bay NAS, equipped with a Realtek RTD1619B CPU and 1GB DDR4 non-ECC RAM, offers a cost-effective solution for your data storage and consolidation requirements. It's suitable for home use and can serve as a central hub for your data, ensuring that you have access to your files from multiple devices in different locations. Additionally, Synology's user-friendly interface and a wide range of applications make it a convenient choice for users of varying technical expertise.

To address your needs for maintaining data between two homes, the DS223j can serve as a reliable network-attached storage solution, enabling file sharing, data synchronization, and remote access. It's an excellent choice to consolidate your data and make it accessible to your mother and grandfather, even if they are in different states.

In the future, if your needs evolve, you can consider upgrading to a more powerful NAS model like the DS423+ or DS923+ to handle additional users and more demanding applications, but for your current budget and requirements, the DS223j is a cost-effective and practical choice.