Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Choosing a NAS

Using my PC for jellyfin atm. Trying to set up a NAS for streaming at home and away from home. Currently have mesh wifi routers around the wired house. (Modem to mesh base to switch to mesh 1&2 via CAT6) . Will like to have the NAS next to my pc (connected to Internet via cable to mesh 1) will this be an issue? My main usage will be streaming 4k movies and some streaming 720p on phone out of home. Will like something that can handle wife streaming 4k at home and me streaming 720-1080p out of home at the same time.
Certainly, in your case, the Synology DS423+ with its GPU engine could be a great fit. It will allow you to seamlessly connect your NAS anywhere within your home via LAN, ensuring fast and reliable connections. This NAS offers the power you need for streaming 4K movies at home and streaming 720-1080p content on the go simultaneously. It sits comfortably within your budget range of 800-1200 NZD and can provide a smooth and reliable streaming experience for both you and your wife. With 4-8GB of RAM, it's well-equipped to handle your multimedia needs. For even better performance and storage flexibility, consider adding SSDs or NVMe drives for caching.