Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Home NAS choices

Firstly...thank you for your support, advise & website.
Your you tube channel is great.

I am a home user looking for a 2 bay (or 4) NAS with approx 8tb min per drive. Home devices are full, portables full and cloud full. I want to unload devices of photos etc.
Use is mainly back up photos, video and files, IOS & windows files.
I like the sound of Synology (am open to others) and would appreciate some direction..so many choices and options.
I am not a business and not really needing all the options of software available.
I am reasonably capable tech wise on the prosumer profile.
I get an idea then watch a different review and get turned about.

Cheers
Thank you for your kind words and for reaching out for guidance on choosing a home NAS. Based on your needs and budget, I recommend considering the Synology DS224+ or the DS423+. These options offer excellent storage capacity with 2 and 4 bays, respectively, allowing you to start with 8TB drives and expand as your storage needs grow. Both of these NAS units are user-friendly and suitable for non-business use, providing efficient backup solutions for your photos, videos, and files across various devices, including iOS and Windows. Synology's software and interface are user-friendly, making it an excellent choice for those with a prosumer tech profile. While there are other options available, these two models should serve your needs well within your $600 USD budget.