Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Plex Photos on NAS

I have been using Plex on my Synology DS216j for a few years, mainly for viewing my music video collection. I have been looking for a way to view my photo collection currently on Flickr and have tried Plex. I am finding it is very slow to load each photo, I have tried the various fixes suggested on-line but they have no effect. This seems to be a common problem, do you know of a fix?
Absolutely, I understand your desire to enhance the performance of your Plex setup. SSDs can offer faster access times and improved overall responsiveness, it's important to consider the compatibility and limitations of your current NAS model, the DS216j. While you might be considering upgrading to SSDs for improved photo loading speed, it's essential to note that the DS216j might not fully capitalize on the speed benefits of SSDs due to hardware limitations. In your case, given your requirements and your interest in Plex, I would strongly recommend considering an upgrade to a more capable NAS model, such as the DS224+. This model is equipped with a quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 processor, which is well-suited for multimedia streaming and efficient photo handling. The DS224+ also comes with dual 1GbE LAN ports, offering excellent connectivity for smooth data access. By opting for the DS224+, you'll ensure optimal performance for both your music videos and your photo collection, providing a seamless and enjoyable experience.