Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology IDrive Issues

Any of you use Synology's IDrive package to back up your NAS? If so, a few questions:

1. How long does it usually take for an updated IDrive package version to show up in Synology after IDrive has released it? (e.g. IDrive released the latest version two weeks ago and it is not yet in Synology.)
  2. Have you experienced the issue where you cannot get to the IDrive Backup screen? (the Backup tab on the left is highlighted but the area to the right still displays the previous screen I was on (e.g. Logs, Restore, Scheduler)
  3. Jobs and logs created one day are missing the next.  It's like things got reset from one day to the next.  I had deleted the default backup set and it has reappeared.  

I'm a long-time IDrive user for my PCs and old NAS drive but always did my backups from the IDrive desktop app on my PC.
(08-12-2023, 02:10 PM)rpwoodjr Wrote: Any of you use Synology's IDrive package to back up your NAS? If so, a few questions:

1. How long does it usually take for an updated IDrive package version to show up in Synology after IDrive has released it? (e.g. IDrive released the latest version two weeks ago and it is not yet in Synology.)
  2. Have you experienced the issue where you cannot get to the IDrive Backup screen? (the Backup tab on the left is highlighted but the area to the right still displays the previous screen I was on (e.g. Logs, Restore, Scheduler)
  3. Jobs and logs created one day are missing the next.  It's like things got reset from one day to the next.  I had deleted the default backup set and it has reappeared.  

I'm a long-time IDrive user for my PCs and old NAS drive but always did my backups from the IDrive desktop app on my PC.

I resolved issue #3 in my post above (which is not an issue after all).  Background: There is a 2-step login process for Synology IDrive.  First, you log in using your NAS credentials... then you log in using your IDrive credentials.  I can see now that IDrive maintains the scheduling jobs and backup logs by NAS user...which makes absolute sense.  I had been playing around with several NAS IDs and incorrectly assumed that the logs and jobs were common to all of my NAS Users.  Will now settle in and enter IDrive as the same user all the time.