Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CWWK i3-N305

Paralysis through analysis: Asustor Flashstor 6 FS67 vs CWWK i3-N305.
Flashtor: Intel Celeron N5105 Quadcore; 6 x M.2 x 1 NVMe PCIe 3.0 drives; 2 x 2.5G lan; turnkey setup; w/ software; Est price w/ 3 x 2TB drives ~ $800
CWWK: Intel i3-N305 8 E-Core; 1 x M.2 x 4 NVMe PCIe 4.0? accepts expansion card to 4 x M.2 x 1 NVMe drives; 4 x 2.5G lan; roll-your-own setup w/ unraid; No software; Est price w/ 3 x 2TB drives ~ $650

Information on PCIe version of CWWK - may be incorrect. Would like NAS to be able to run MS SQL Server Express in Docker container, but that may be wishfull thinking with either choice.
Thank you for seeking advice on choosing between the Asustor Flashstor 6 FS67 and the CWWK i3-N305 for your NAS needs. Both options offer distinct features to consider. The Asustor Flashstor 6 FS67, with its Intel Celeron N5105 Quadcore, presents a ready-to-go setup with software included, making it a convenient choice. On the other hand, the CWWK i3-N305 boasts an Intel i3-N305 8 E-Core, allowing for a customized setup with potential for expansion.

For your specific requirement of running MS SQL Server Express in a Docker container, it's crucial to ensure that the chosen NAS meets the hardware and software requirements. Typically, SQL Server requires a certain level of processing power and memory to function optimally. While the CWWK i3-N305 seems to have more processing cores, keep in mind that compatibility and performance may also depend on factors like storage speed and memory capacity. You might need to consider models like the DS1823xs+ or TVS-1288X, which are powered by Xeon or Ryzen processors, offering the potential needed for running MS SQL Server Express within a Docker container effectively.