Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Software Upgrades for Synology DS220+

I would like some feedback on software upgrades. I presently own an old Netgear Nas that I can no longer use because Flash player end of life was 2020 and I have not been able to find anything that will allow me to use it. I also owned two different Lenovo Nas that because of software I also can no longer use.

What is the life expectancy of software updates on the Synology DS220+. It seems that for what I will be using it which mostly photo storage and management for family use, this product seems to fit me best but I do not want to end up with another brick that I can no longer use because of lack of software upgrade ability.

Thank you in advance, looking forward to your response so that I can make a final decision.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Roberto
Thank you for reaching out with your concerns about software upgrades for your Synology DS220+. It's great to see your interest in ensuring the longevity of your NAS investment. When it comes to Synology products, they are renowned for their consistent firmware support. Typically, Synology offers firmware updates for around 10 years from the initial release of the product. Moreover, Synology prioritizes using up-to-date software technologies, minimizing the risk of your NAS becoming obsolete due to outdated software components.

Your choice of the Synology DS220+ for photo storage and family usage is indeed fitting. Its capabilities align well with your intended usage. Given your experiences with other NAS brands, it's reassuring that Synology takes software updates seriously, enhancing the overall usability and security of their devices.

Should you proceed with the Synology DS220+, you can expect reliable software support for years to come, ensuring your investment remains relevant and functional. If you have any further questions or need assistance with your decision, feel free to ask. We're here to help you make an informed choice.