Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

confusing what to buy Synology >

I'm planning to use NAS for :
1- backup and access anytime my personal encrypted files .rar
2- family photos and videos anyone can access anytime
3- store drivers for my pc and laptop maybe some light game . ps1 and ps2 games . many
4- maybe will upload videos or movies can anyone access and watch movies or videos I upload anytime , Plex or like netflix
please note . first time will buy NAS . above just planning to use
please guide me best available option 4 bay
Synology vs Asustor vs Qnap ?
Hello there! It's great to see your enthusiasm for getting a NAS to fulfill your diverse needs. Based on your requirements, especially considering the plan to use the NAS for backup, family photos and videos, storing drivers, and even possibly uploading videos for access like Plex or Netflix, I recommend considering a NAS with a focus on multimedia capabilities and good performance. In this case, the Synology DS423+ or a NAS like the QNAP TS-464 could be excellent options.

Both the DS423+ and the QNAP TS-464 feature a multimedia-friendly CPU, and they are well-equipped to handle the tasks you've outlined. These NAS models can handle your encrypted files, family photos, videos, and even the light gaming you mentioned. They should also be able to handle video streaming with Plex-like functionality for your uploaded movies or videos.

With 4 bays, you have the room for expansion, and both brands have a reputation for user-friendly interfaces and a robust ecosystem of apps that cater to various needs. Both brands are known for delivering reliable and powerful NAS solutions, so you can expect solid performance for your intended use cases.

Given your plan to use the NAS for a range of purposes and the potential for future needs, investing in a NAS with good hardware power, like the DS423+ or similar QNAP models, ensures that you're well-prepared for any additional requirements that might arise in the next few years. These NAS solutions should serve you well in terms of performance, multimedia capabilities, and storage capacity. If you have more specific questions or need further guidance, please feel free to ask. Best of luck with your NAS journey!