Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pro Photographer Need Help!

Hello, I’m very happy to have found you, because I need to finally upgrade my storage systems and want to make sure that I am getting the right system to grow into over time for the best price. It’s a lot to wade through. Both my husband and I are professional photographers so I’d like to ultimately combined our catalogs and one safe space. Thank you!!!
Hello and welcome! I understand your need for a storage solution that not only fits your current requirements but also provides room to grow in the future, considering your professional photography needs. Given your budget and the desire to combine extensive catalogs in a secure space, I recommend the DS423+ from Synology. It features a quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 with a transcoding engine, ensuring smooth multimedia performance. With a solid passmark score of 2982, it's capable of handling your extensive archives.

The DS423+ has 4 bays which should accommodate your growing storage needs, and the power of the Celeron processor ensures it can handle tasks such as Plex streaming. Additionally, the Synology ecosystem provides a user-friendly experience, making it a great choice for enthusiasts and professionals alike.

While the DS923+ could be more suitable for virtualization and local use, the DS423+ strikes a good balance between performance, budget, and the capability to handle your multimedia streaming requirements, providing a solid solution for the present and ensuring a reliable platform for your future needs. If you have more specific requirements or further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Your photography work deserves a dependable storage solution, and the DS423+ should serve you well in this regard.