Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Broken 10GBE port looking to upgrade

I have a TVS-672xT that is going to get RMA'd for a broken 10GBe port. It currently runs QTS. I was going to upgrade to one of the new higherend models that has dual 10GBe ports, but I canceled my order on amazon because I see it runs QTShero and I would not be able to just migrate my drives... Big headache. Is there a QNAP 8-12 bay NAS that runs QTS (not hero) and also has dual 10GBe ports (preferable on a NCI that I could just swap out if it breaks and not have to send the whole unit in on RMA) that I would be able to just plug my current HDDs into?
I understand your concern about upgrading your current NAS and keeping your drives intact without the hassle of migrating to a different operating system. The good news is that you always have the option to choose QTS when setting up your NAS, so you can stick with the familiar interface you already know. Furthermore, you can move your drives to any compatible NAS model you like, ensuring a seamless transition.

If you're looking for a suitable replacement with dual 10GBe ports and 8-12 bays, I'd recommend considering the QNAP TVS-h874 NAS. This model offers excellent performance and features dual 10GBe ports, which will provide you with high-speed connectivity for your data-intensive tasks. It should be a great fit for your current needs and also leave room for future expansion and higher hardware demands.