Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First NAS

Hi,

I’m looking into buying my first NAS. I’m mainly buying it as a an automatic backup solution for my files with the occasional file retrieval. In other words to store pictures/videos, music project backups and computer file backups. What I’m aiming for is automatic backup at reasonable price. As soon as I’m working on something that needs speed I’ll have it locally on my mac or use my external SSD drive.

I also need a NAS that can automatically backup to a cloud service like iDrive in case my house burns down haha.

What would recommend?

Thanks a lot!
/J
For your first NAS with automatic backup needs and occasional file retrieval, I would recommend the Synology DS220+. It's a 2-bay NAS with a user-friendly interface, making it ideal for beginners. The DS220+ comes equipped with a capable Intel Celeron processor, which ensures smooth backup operations and file management. With its 2GB of RAM (expandable up to 6GB), it can handle your backup tasks efficiently. Moreover, it supports RAID configurations for data redundancy and protection.

Additionally, the DS220+ is compatible with various cloud services, including iDrive, enabling seamless cloud backups to safeguard your data in case of any unforeseen events. With its reasonable price, the DS220+ offers excellent value for your needs, and its expandability ensures it can accommodate any future growth.