Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Data Backup for Photo/Video/Sound studio

I've been doing as much research as I can manage after losing a precious harddrive recently. I have many years of photographs, video and sound recordings, both personal and part of my professional art practice. I need both active backup for current files and a long term archive data solution for my many years of data.

Up to know, I have a mess of harddrives with some poorly organized redundancy spread across various drives...

I was looking into a NAS, which would be nice for the network benefits of sharing files, but this is not my priority. Perhaps I simply need a DAS setup to work fast on my files and have a short/medium term back up running constantly...?

My priorities are data redundancy first, speed second.

Thank you for offering this free advice, it is much appreciated.
Given your budget and the need for more than 50TB of storage, a more cost-effective solution would be the Synology DS1621+ NAS. It offers a 6-bay design and is powered by an AMD Ryzen V1500B processor with a passmark score of 4584, which provides ample performance for your backup and storage needs. It supports up to 4GB DDR4 ECC SODIMM RAM and comes with two NVMe slots for caching to enhance data access speeds. The DS1621+ is a great choice for your data redundancy and speed requirements within your budget.