Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I have four huh721212aln600's just lying around...

I have 4 x 12Tb huh721212aln600 Ultrastars that I would like to leverage. They're a bit finicky when it comes to power delivery, optimized for enterprise drive shelves.

Any suggestions on a consumer end 4 bay NAS that would be compatible with them?

Something with a 4 core CPU, upgradeable to 10GB networking, 16Gb of memory and some modest NVMe caching?
For leveraging your 4 x 12TB huh721212aln600 Ultrastars, I'd recommend considering QNAP NAS solutions, as they often excel in compatibility with various drives. For your requirements, the QNAP DS464 could be an excellent choice, offering media-friendly features and meeting your 4-bay NAS needs. If you're looking for top-tier performance, the QNAP TVS-H474 might be the best option for you. Both models come with 4-core CPUs, support for 10GB networking upgrade, and can handle up to 16GB of memory, making them capable of accommodating your needs now and in the future. With these NAS options, you can take full advantage of your Ultrastar drives and create a reliable storage setup for your home at a reasonable price of $700.