Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NS223j

Hi,

First time Synology owner, 223j and 2 x 8Tb seagate ironfolf pro drives.

I want to use it to:

1) Time Machine back up mine and my wife's MacBooks
2) Back up our iPhones or hold the backupfiles
3) Store all our photos there
4) What ever I may learn watching Your videos

I will be using it in RAID 1

What needs to be taken into account because I want to be able to save data while I'm out in the world?

Getting data from the drive is secondary while I am out and about...

Which of your videos should be mastered in my sleep?

Thank you for great videos, wonderful site and for the great work you guys are doing <3

Best Wishes,

Aki Mähönen

ps. how would I be able to donate to you guys? I'd just would love to help, a little, I am by no means rich, Sorry
To address your needs:

Time Machine Backup: You can easily set up Time Machine backup for your MacBooks on the DS223j. Synology provides clear instructions on how to do this in their Knowledge Base. Just search for "Time Machine backup on Synology NAS."

iPhone Backup: For backing up your iPhones, I recommend using the Synology Drive app, which allows you to sync files and folders between your NAS and mobile devices. You can find the app on the App Store: Synology Drive App/ Photo app.

Photo Storage: For storing all your photos on the NAS, you can use the Synology Photos app. It's a great solution for media backup and organization. You can set it up to automatically back up new photos from your devices.

Learning Resources: We have plenty of informative videos on our website that cover various topics related to NAS usage. To get started, you can explore our NAS Basics playlist, which will give you a solid foundation in using your new NAS efficiently.

As for accessing data while you're out and about, you can use the DS File app on your mobile devices to access files stored on your NAS remotely.