Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology NAS Ram Upgrade

I have a DS1618+ with DSM version 6.2.4-255556, currently running the 4GB it came with. I purchase Crucial 32GB Kit (CT2K16G48FD824A) and installed it. When i powered it on the power light flashed for approximately 3 -4 minutes maybe a bit longer, but the NAS never came online. so i shut it off and removed the 32GB kit, threw the 4GB stick back in and restarted. Within 2 minutes it was online. Did it not like the 32GB kit or did i just not wait long enough for the NAS to complete an internal test?
It's possible that the NAS was conducting an internal test when you installed the Crucial 32GB Kit (CT2K16G48FD824A), and it may take up to 24 hours for the test to complete. During this time, the NAS might not come online immediately. To confirm if the RAM upgrade is compatible and working correctly, I would suggest referring to the list of Synology NAS compatible RAM on our website: https://nascompares.com/answer/synology-...tible-ram/. This list will help you find the right RAM modules for your DS1618+ and ensure proper functionality.