Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best NAS for US :)

Hi Mate,
I commented on I think your last stream on advice to this Smile

Mate Looking at streaming to 4 bedrooms and 2 Lounge rooms, most Likely they will not all be use at ounce, possibly up to 3 to 4 room at a time.

But what I would like to set up is PLEX as we use it now, running of my PC.

Also I would like to use the NAS as a Cloud service for the Family for backing up Mobile phones.

I have a little knowledge in IT but i would not say im Very Experienced but I do have a Large amount of time to Research and Learn new Programs and techniques Smile

I want to get this SETUP done asap so if you could recommend me the Best NAS setup for what I need that would be greatly appreciated.

I have watched so many of your YouTube videos and now my HEAD is SCRAMBLED haha on which way to go lol

Thank you

RAY
Certainly, Ray! Given your requirements of streaming to multiple rooms and setting up PLEX, along with a cloud service for family backups, a NAS with robust capabilities is crucial. Considering your budget of $1000.00 to $1500 AUD, and the need for future upgrades, I recommend the DS423+. It's a 4-bay model equipped with a quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 and a transcoding engine (passmark 2982), which will efficiently handle your media streaming needs. The device is not only capable of backing up photos but family videos as well, allowing remote access with its media-friendly chip. Furthermore, you have the flexibility to link PLEX on your PC back to the NAS where all multimedia will be stored. Another option to consider, especially if you're looking at a 6-bay model, would be the DS1621+. Although it works just fine locally and provides room for expansion, please be mindful that remote streaming might be limited to 1080p videos. Either of these choices should offer a strong foundation for your desired setup, with the DS423+ giving a more rounded package, considering both present needs and future prospects.