Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ASUSTOR AS6702T 2nd Gen

I am considering the ASUSTOR AS6702T 2nd Gen NAS. I want to use it for a PLex Server at home with little if any streaming outside my network.
I have questions.
1. Will the 6702 work with just 4 M.2 drives installed, no SATA drives.
2. SATA III drives are supported but I was wondering if legacy older drives are backward comparable?
3. Can you use SSD drives instead of spinning drives, so I can make the unit quiet?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for the help and a donation is coming.
Leo
Certainly, Leo, thank you for considering the ASUSTOR AS6702T 2nd Gen NAS for your Plex Server needs. You have some great options for storage configurations. You can indeed use only 4 M.2 NVMe drives if you prefer, and this setup can make your NAS quite silent. Alternatively, some users opt to use SATA SSDs in the HDD bays, which can help with drive replacement and redundancy. The AS6702T supports both the latest SATA HDD/SSDs and older drives, so you have the flexibility to use various drives depending on your needs. This NAS should work great for your Plex Server at home, and we're here to help if you have any further questions. If you need more information, you can find details on the ASUSTOR AS6702T 2nd Gen NAS on our website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOLIcHjZOdw