Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology AI Photos - questions

I have a couple questions about the AI Photos.

I am one of those who has a mix of photos from and Old DSLR, sony cam, and old and new iPhones.

typically I just dump into a PHOTO folder, and when i get around to I'd semi organize the photos by YEAR and if there were enough, by event, 

So not a lot of sorting, but more than 10 years worth. 

My Questions:

Does the AI take into consideration the folders and subfolders when it's organize the files in Photos?

The Photos app doesn't move or copy the files, It just maps to them right? maybe creates thumbnails for each?
Regarding your questions about Synology AI Photos, yes, the AI feature takes into consideration the folders and subfolders when organizing the files in Photos. When you place files or folders inside the Photos folder, the Synology NAS will scan through all of them to identify and categorize the photos using AI technology. It's important to note that the Photos app does not move or copy the files; instead, it simply maps to their existing locations as the source. Additionally, the app may create thumbnails for each photo to facilitate faster and more efficient browsing. This means your organizational structure remains intact, and you can still access your photos in their original locations without any changes. The AI-powered organization is designed to make sorting and managing your vast collection of photos much more convenient and user-friendly.