Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which is better to buy a basic NAS or a WD cloud home?

Hi, i am considering to move to NAS storage for my daily storage for home & business. Which option would be better as a basic non techie user, i am afraid of complicated NAS setup, compares to WD cloud storage, but WD has some limitations, the worst heard being not able to access files locally.
I need advice which is the better option for money?
When considering whether to buy a basic NAS or a WD Cloud Home, it's important to weigh the options carefully based on your needs and preferences. As a basic non-techie user, the idea of a complicated NAS setup might be a concern. In that case, WD Cloud storage can offer a more straightforward solution. However, it's worth noting that some older WD NAS models have lost remote access functionality. To ensure local file access, you can opt for WD models like the EX Ultra or those based on Celeron/Pentium processors, which should work just fine.

On the other hand, if you want a more versatile and future-proof solution, I recommend considering the Synology Plus series, such as the DS223 or DS223j. Synology NAS systems are known for their user-friendly interfaces and wide range of features, making them suitable for both home and business use. Investing in a higher-end Synology NAS could provide more hardware power for potential future needs. It may initially cost a bit more than the basic options, but it offers greater flexibility and performance in the long run.