Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

No Ethernet Connection

I have a DS416+ with 4x 10TB disks at a remote location that I use for backing up my main NAS.
Yesterday, while backing up, the NAS went offline. I have rebooted the NAS and the router several times, and I have tried the attach the unit to another ethernet network but it cannot log on. I have tried different cables and each of the 2 ethernet ports. The router's list of attached devices never shows the NAS, although the NAS ethernet LEDs are flashing away. Any ideas?
If there is a hardware problem with the DS416+ ethernet, can that be replaced?
Thanks in anticipation
Martin Owen
It's unfortunate to hear about the issue with your DS416+ NAS. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can get it back online. Firstly, attempt to connect the NAS using both Ethernet ports, and if that doesn't work, consider a soft reset (resetting the IP). You can do this by pressing and holding the reset button until you hear a beep sound. This will restore the default IP address, DNS server, and password for the admin account. Alternatively, you can press and hold the reset button until you hear three beep sounds to return the DiskStation to "Not Installed" status, allowing for a reinstallation of DiskStation Manager (DSM).

If the issue persists and it appears to be a hardware problem with the DS416+ Ethernet, don't worry. You have options! Upgrading to a newer NAS model like the DS423 would be a viable solution. You can move the drives from the DS416+ to the DS423 and continue using your existing setup seamlessly.

https://www.synology.com/en-global/suppo...n=7.2#docs