Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Upgrading 8 GB Memory on my 1522+

Dear Nascompares,
I would love to upgrade my 8 gb ram on my 1522+ and am looking for the right Memory.
Budget is not a big deal, looking to run some small linux vms.
I currently hit 80% Memory on my Ubuntu maschine and It feels wrong to go over 80-85% so I am looking for an upgrade.
If I go with 32GB which seems to be official maximum, what should I grab?
If Its possible to go higher and choose an unofficial one, what would you recommend?

thank you very much!

Alex
Thank you for reaching out to us! Upgrading the RAM on your Synology DS1522+ is a great idea, especially if you plan to run small Linux VMs. The official maximum RAM supported by the DS1522+ is 32GB, so you can go with that option to ensure compatibility and optimal performance. We have listed compatible RAM options for Synology NAS on our website, which you can find here: [https://nascompares.com/answer/synology-...tible-ram/ ]. If you prefer to explore higher capacity RAM options, it is possible to use unofficial ones, but please note that doing so may not be officially supported by Synology, and there could be potential risks involved. For a reliable and stable setup, sticking to the official maximum of 32GB is recommended.