Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tag Video files for easier search and File management ?

Hi!

So I work for a small company and we just bought a custom Synology ds1819 in order to store all the video footage that we record. I'd like to find out if there is software out there that I can use in tandem with our NAS in order to log our footage in a way that we can bulk tag files, as well as have the ability to search let's say, "apple" and have all the footage we've tagged "apple" come up. Also if we'd be able to preview video files without having to download them, that would be ideal.
I called Synology support and they said that they currently don't have anything like that, so I was hoping to find software out there that can do it instead. I just don't know what to even google to find this kind of program.
Sorry if this doesn't make sense or if this is not the place to ask. Please let me know when you can, thank you!
I was trying to find something that could help but I could not. What I would do is loging manually in a spreadsheet or something. File name - tag,tag,tag. If you need something you know which files to look for. Qnap has Qumagie smart enough to detect objects. Maybe in a soon future there will be similar thing for videos.I hope this helps.