Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which Nas for first time buyer

Hi, thank you in advance for any feedback and also thankyou for all of the youtube info you guys provide. I'm currently using an Nvidia shield pro with lifetime plex. I have a very large library of photos, music and movies - mostly bluray and 4k. I have watched your compares regarding plex severs or servers with graphics integrated. i.e., Synology 920+, which I can not find anywhere at all now. Can you please advise me on a good Nas device that I can also grow with, i.e., features for my use case.
Hello and thank you for reaching out! If you're a first-time buyer looking for a good NAS device that can cater to your media needs and also provide room for future growth, the DS423+ would be an excellent choice. It is a direct replacement for the DS920+ and shares the same hardware capabilities. With its quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 processor and transcoding engine, the DS423+ is well-equipped to handle your large library of photos, music, and movies, including Blu-ray and 4K content. Additionally, it features dual 1GbE LAN ports, allowing for enhanced connectivity, and it comes with 4 bays, which can accommodate at least 4TB minimum storage. At the price range of £600 for the device, the DS423+ offers a powerful and feature-rich solution that will serve your media needs now and provide flexibility for future expansion.