Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Size

Hello, I really like your video beginners for NAS system. I have a home pc windows 10. I am currently using 3 12TB external hard drives. I want to switch over to a NAS system. I am thinking Synology 2 or 4 bays. Does it make a deference if I use 2 16 HDD drives or 4 8 HDD drives. I have over 2 TB of music files and growing, a lot of Pictures and a lot of Bible files and Puritan Books on files. I have a Nighthawk wifi with Express VPN on it. I won't be sharing the NAS with anyone, and I don't use Cloud or any social media to worry about. I am retired, and not a computer geek by any stretch of the imagination. What do you suggest for my situation. Thank you, Ted
For your situation, I would recommend considering Celeron-based NAS models such as DS224+ or DS424+. Both options would be suitable for your home PC running Windows 10 and your storage needs. Since you currently have 3 12TB external hard drives and want to switch to a NAS system, a 4-bay NAS with 2 drives would be a good choice. Having more drives can offer better IOPS and overall speed, although keep in mind that with a 1Gbe LAN connection, you may experience some speed limitations. However, going with a 4-bay NAS allows you to add more drives in the future if your storage needs grow. As you mentioned that you won't be sharing the NAS with anyone and don't use cloud or social media services, these Celeron-based models should be sufficient for your needs.