Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Advice

Hi there, new viewer to the chanel and taking you up on the offer of free support. Smile

Looking for a Home 2 bay nas raid to achieve the following:

Backup and viewing of family photos/video. (over wifi from Apple phones would be a plus)
Direct playback of movie & tv files up to 4K 10bit (no transcoding needed) to an Apple TV 4K Box / Tv with built in Plex / Kodi
Able to run sabnzbd, Sonarr, Radarr (Docker would be a plus)
Able to attach extra accessible drives (like ssd).

Don't mind goin gdown the used market route.

Keeping things short and sweet as I imagine you get a tonne of these.

Thanks for your help, much apprecited as I feel my head may explode at the rate i've been consuming information on the subject.

Tim
Hello Tim! Welcome to our channel, and thank you for reaching out for free support. We're here to help! Based on your requirements, I would recommend considering Celeron-based models like the DS224+ or DS220+. These models provide a good balance of performance and affordability, making them suitable for your needs. With a Celeron processor, you'll have enough power for direct playback of up to 4K 10-bit movie and TV files to your Apple TV 4K Box or TV with built-in Plex/Kodi, without the need for transcoding. Additionally, you can use the NAS to backup and view family photos/videos over Wi-Fi from your Apple phones. These models also support Docker, allowing you to run applications like sabnzbd, Sonarr, Radarr, and even attach extra accessible drives like SSDs.