Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nas setup

Hi,

I am a photographer/videographer and currently have a terramaster raid storage which I actually just use as a hdd hub and store bulk files until the hard drive runs out of space. I dont have it setup as a raid.

I am wanted to purchase a new setup which I am looking at a nas setup so I can have our editors access our footage from anywhere in the world.

So we will need decent file storage capacity, the ability to access it anywhere at anytime.

We will never be editing directly off of this but simply just use it as backup storage or after a shoot I store it here and our editors can download the shoot onto their ssd and edit from that. Once they are done they can upload it back to this system and we can then final check and deliver it to our client.

We would love to know which nas system you recommend for our needs.

Thanks for your time and talk soon.

Joel
As a photographer/videographer looking for a new NAS setup to store and access footage from anywhere in the world, I would highly recommend considering a Synology + (plus) series model. The DS1621+ would be a great fit for your needs, offering ample file storage capacity and the ability to access it remotely at any time. While you won't be editing directly from the NAS, using it as backup storage for your shoots and having editors download the footage onto their SSDs for editing is a practical workflow. Once the editing is complete, uploading the files back to the NAS for final checks and delivery to clients is seamless. With the DS1621+, you also have the option to upgrade to local 10GbE for faster data transfers. Additionally, the Synology Presto service can further speed up remote access to your files. Another advantage is that you can mix different-sized drives within the DS1621+ to tailor the storage to your specific needs. This combination of features makes the DS1621+ an excellent choice to meet your requirements.