Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for advice on 224

Hello, I read the article at https://nascompares.com/2023/07/14/synology-ds224-vs-ds220-nas-which-should-you-buy/

Synology feeling like a nice system.

Would you recommend the DS223j instead for $189 rather than the DS224+? Or would a used DS220+ like costing $230 on ebay be good?

I just want to have something for backups. Own some portable hard disks, but mostly want convenience of automatic backups - if I can put something on a NAS and Synology run everyday some program to do the backup for me so I don't need to plug and unplug, and manually do it myself and leave the computer on

Any recommendations? I was thinking of buying 2x8 TB hard disks and just having the NAS clone the disks for me

Cheers
Hello there! It's great to hear that you are interested in Synology NAS systems. Based on your requirements for automatic backups and convenience, I would recommend going for the DS223j. It's an excellent choice for your needs, and at $189, it offers a budget-friendly option without compromising on functionality. The DS223j can handle automated backup tasks effectively, eliminating the need to manually plug and unplug portable hard disks for backups. It's a reliable solution to keep your data safe without the hassle of constant intervention. If you plan to purchase 2x8 TB hard disks, the DS223j can efficiently clone the disks for you, ensuring redundancy and data security. There's no need to opt for a more powerful NAS like the DS224+ or a used DS220+ as the DS223j fits your requirements perfectly without the extra cost. Happy NAS shopping!