Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Compatibility with internet bandwidth

Afternoon NAS Compares team, I have stumble upon your videos through a friend's recommendation. Your reviews are pretty good depicted, have important and necessary specs even for me, a non-as technological person like probably a lot of your followers. I will learn more, I am learning more, I will get better!

Here I have a question I do not seem to find an answer. What level/type of internet bandwidth should I have to support the DiskStationĀ® DS423+, for a 4 person team minimum, maximum 7-8 people, sharing files, software and using it in a business setting.

I was told I need to check on that prior to purchase the gadget and I do not know what is it I need to have/improve internet plan we currently have in order to support the diskstation's functionality. Any suggestion? Recommendation on where to look at? or answer will be very appreciated.

Thank you,

Lidia D.

When considering the internet bandwidth requirements for the DiskStation DS423+ in a business setting with a team of 4 to 7-8 people, the key factor to consider is remote access. If most of the team members will be connecting to the NAS from remote locations, a fast internet connection is essential. However, it's important to note that the internet speed on both ends, both at the remote locations and where the NAS is located, will impact the overall performance. It's advisable to ensure that the internet connection at each remote location is also robust.

In a local network scenario, where the NAS is accessed within the same network, the DS423+ comes equipped with 1 Gigabit Ethernet (1GbE) LAN ports. Most likely, your network already consists of 1GbE switches and Cat 5e or Cat 6 cables. In such cases, the existing network infrastructure is sufficient to support the functionality of the NAS without any additional internet bandwidth requirements.

To summarize, assess your specific usage scenario and the need for remote access. If remote access is a priority, ensure that both your business location and the remote locations have adequate internet speeds. If you primarily use the NAS within a local network, the existing 1GbE network infrastructure will be suitable, and no specific improvements to the internet plan are necessary.