Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which is best NAS with cloud capability for home use?

Hello, I like to store my photos and other personal information that i can access it remotely. Specially for photos, wish to view them on iPhone. I also like to store videos in Plex so can view them on my home TV.
I am not a power user, so like to purchase a system that is easy to setup and use.
For your needs of remote access and cloud capability, a NAS with user-friendly setup and usage would be ideal. The Synology DS223, powered by a Realtek processor, fits this criteria perfectly. It offers seamless remote access for viewing your photos on your iPhone, along with the ability to store videos in Plex for easy playback on your home TV. Additionally, it provides data mirroring protection to ensure your personal information is safeguarded. Alternatively, the DS220+ is another excellent option. It not only meets your requirements but also includes extras like Active Backup for Business, allowing you to back up servers and PCs. Furthermore, the DS220+ offers the flexibility of upgrading RAM for enhanced performance. Regardless of the model you choose, you can connect the NAS to any available LAN port on your network, ensuring simple integration. Consider your specific needs, budget, and desired features to select the best NAS for your home use.