Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS set-up advice

Hi,

I'm looking for a robust NAS set-up for back-up of my photo's and back-ups of all the phones (Android and Iphone). I'm thinking about around 10TB, should be enough for the coming years.
Possiblity of extension in the future would be a pro, but not a requirement.

I would like to have it as energy efficient as possible and low noise.

I would like to use M.2 or SSD storage, but I did read some negative articles on power consumption and life time expectancy.

with respect of photo back-up, this should be in stead of cloud-storage, so it should be reliable and easily accessible from phones and laptop.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards, Jurjen
For a robust and energy-efficient NAS setup, the DS923+ from Synology would be a great choice. It offers the option to use NVMe pools or cache, providing faster storage performance. Synology also supports drive mixing through SHR, allowing flexibility for future expansion. To ensure reliability, you can use Seagate IronWolf drives, which come with free data recovery services. The DS923+ offers 10 years of firmware updates and support, ensuring long-term reliability. This NAS will provide reliable and easily accessible photo backup, accessible from phones and laptops.