Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Pick Help

Currently we have a Synology 216+II and we are using it for plex, music, backups, sync files, videos and photos between laptop/desktop computer, photoshop backup. I have been considering switching to another NAS for more bays of storage and cheaper drives. The current NAS can have issues if to many of these tasks are happening at the same time and playback of some unconverted files is difficult. I was also considering getting away from a ring doorbell and keeping the data in my own device. The 1621xs+ would be the most i would want to spend on one. I had considered the 1621+, 923+ and even qnap. I am more of a set it up and forget it type of person. What are your suggestions?
If you're looking for a NAS to handle multiple tasks such as Plex, music, backups, file syncing, and more, Synology's Plus models would be a suitable choice. Considering your needs, the DS423+ is worth considering due to its graphics chip, which enables smooth 4K streaming remotely. However, if you don't require 4K streaming and prefer a set-it-and-forget-it approach, the DS1621xs+ would be a good option, offering a balance between performance and cost.