Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DS212+ died, upgrade to DS923+ what problems to expect?

Hi there,

My DS212+ just died today (it was not reachable, blue led was blinking). When I tried to do the good old "have you tried to turn it off and on again" - the fan tries to start for about a mm and stops and the whole thing is not doing anything (without drives inserted)

I wanted to upgrade soon anyway, so I ordered a DS923+ today. 
I saw a video claiming i can just put the hard drives in and it will magically migrate - is it really that simple or are there problems to expect?
 I do not think that the drives have damage, i accessed them yesterday without issues. My guess would be power supply/motherboard.

Or is there any other way to access the file system before I try to upgrade?. I tried connecting them to my PC - Bios found them, but windows did not see them.

thanks for any tipps/tricks/warnings in advance.

Juergen
P.S. "Funny" how it just died so soon after the end of life e-mail from synology... right before my vacation.... perfect timing... not Dodgy
Yes, you can move drives over. Be careful, if there is two option to migrate and to format the drives. Pick the right one.
Here is how to connect to a PC https://nascompares.com/recover-raid-or-...p-asustor/