Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My first Nas purchase.

Greetings I have been watching a lot of your vids trying to educate myself. I think I'm ready to make a purchase but I feel reached an impass. I have flip flopped between the qnap 464 and Ds 923+ for a number of reasons. I'm mostly looking for a Nas to help back up photos and videos of me and my family, But I want to option to do it from our cell phone almost like a cloud backup. I want to make it easier for my wife so there's no tinkering on Her end. I also planned to store long-term audio and video recording of game guides we have worked on and continue to work on.

Extra details
We live in a small apartment With a toddler. Very little experience with Nas setups. Fairly advance with PC setups, can troubleshoot most issues. I built all of our PCs.
Greetings! It's great to hear that you've been following our videos and are ready to make a purchase for a NAS to back up your family photos and videos. Considering your requirements for easy cell phone backup and a hassle-free experience for your wife, as well as storing long-term audio and video recordings of game guides, I would lean towards recommending a Synology NAS.

Synology NAS devices are known for their user-friendly interfaces and intuitive software, making them easier to set up and manage. With Synology's mobile apps, such as DS photo and DS video, you can easily back up photos and videos from your cell phone to the NAS, creating a seamless cloud backup-like experience. These apps provide straightforward interfaces and functionalities for convenient file management and sharing.

Moreover, Synology NAS solutions cater to both beginners and advanced users, offering a range of features and applications to suit your needs. Whether you want to set up automatic backups, create shared folders, or access your data remotely, Synology provides a user-friendly environment for achieving these tasks with ease.
DS220+ or DS224+ would be a great choice.