Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology 920 PLUS

Synology 920 PLUS

As a NUBI to NAS I am still setting up my Synology 920 PLUS unit.
In File Station I have set up 6 Master Folders.
The unit has 2 users plus the admin user.
There are some folders accessible by both users.
One of the folders will be connected to our Home Projector.

I also want to setup an ISCSI Connection and assign a drive letter for each Master folder.

If I set up an ISCSI Connection will it FORMAT or effect the pre-existing Shared Folders I have already created and started to populate.

If I install docker or another package will it affect the info I have already installed in File Station or is each package separate.

I guess these are very basic questions but no one explains these things, or at least I cannot find the answer online.

I binge watched your Synology NAS Setup Guide, I found it fantastic but I am still am a bit lost about the ISCSI set up, or maybe I missed it in the 17 videos I watched.

Alan
iSCSI is not related to a shared folder; instead, it utilizes a dedicated storage area of your chosen size from the volume. This storage space can be linked to a single device on your network, allowing only one connection at a time. On the other hand, Docker has its own shared folder where anything installed or pulled will reside. As for other DSM apps (non-Docker), they are installed at the system level and kept separate from general files.