Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS upgrade for DS1821+

Hello to you,

I want to upgrade my NAS's (ReadyNAS Netgear NV+ and Seagate BlackArmor 400) to have only one NAS faster, easier to configure, PLEX application on it and more available spaces for future adding HDD or SSD to increase in size over time.
Presently my application PLEX is running on a server apart from my NAS because not supported. I was looking for the Synology DS1821+ because it’s 8 bays and not so expensive. I think it will solved most of my problems now (slow transfer, disconnection from network, better support-protection and not much applications on it). From what I could understand also, Synology can use different companies of HDD mixed so I could reuse my current HDD in the new NAS.
What do you think? Did I forget something important? I think not but you will tell me. ?
Thank you.
If you are considering upgrading your NAS setup and consolidating your storage into a single, faster, and easier-to-configure device, the Synology DS1821+ seems like a suitable choice. With its 8 bays and affordable price, it offers ample room for future expansion by adding additional HDDs or SSDs as needed. One notable advantage of the DS1821+ is its support for the PLEX application, which means you can bring your media server functionality onto the NAS itself, eliminating the need for a separate server.

In addition to addressing your current issues such as slow transfer speeds, network disconnections, and better support and protection, Synology NAS devices also offer the flexibility to use HDDs from different manufacturers, allowing you to reuse your existing drives in the new NAS. This ensures that you can leverage your current investment and seamlessly migrate your data to the new setup.