Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DS3622xs+ memory

Hi Robbie,

My current DS3622xs+ is populated with a total of 32gb of memory (4x8gb), but I would like to pull 2 of the 8gb sticks and drop in another 64gb for a total of 80gb. First, is this possible using the v-color ram as shown on the unofficial memory upgrade guide.

Second, is there anything I need to do as I swap out the 2x8 and put in the 2x16 or 2x32 memory sticks? I have tried a number of memory units but the server would not boot as i tried to upgrade it beyond a total of 32gb.

I am wondering if there is something akin to a BIOS that needs to be reset to see that the ram quantity has changed.

thanks!
It appears that v-color RAM could potentially work for your DS3622xs+ NAS, as suggested by some users on the unofficial memory upgrade guide. However, it's important to note that official documentation or contacting Synology support is recommended for the most reliable and up-to-date information on memory compatibility for your specific model.
https://nascompares.com/answer/synology-...tible-ram/

Regarding the upgrade from 32GB to 80GB by replacing two 8GB sticks with 2x16GB or 2x32GB sticks, it's crucial to consider the maximum memory capacity supported by your NAS model. Based on the information available, the official specifications indicate a maximum capacity of 48GB for your NAS, while CPU specifications suggest a maximum of 128GB. This discrepancy can make it challenging to determine the exact compatible memory configuration.

Finding the right RAM can be a trial-and-error process, as compatibility can vary. Additionally, it's worth noting that sometimes the NAS may need time to complete RAM background checks before it boots. Leaving the new RAM installed in the NAS for around 24 hours may help ensure the proper completion of these checks.