Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First Time Nas

Hi there, I'm looking to possibly add a NAS system to the main media storage for my audio and video collections; I'm not exactly sure what software programs are available on NAS systems, but I currently use the Apple iTunes now music app to organize my audio collection I'm not sure if those apps are available on a NAS system. I would like to use Plex or whatever the best option would be for the video collection. I would also like to monitor my home's security cameras; I currently use Wyze cam V3, Wyze pan cam V2, and Wyze outdoor cams. Family members in other states and countries will also use the system. I have some above-average technical skills but wouldn't consider myself an expert. A variety of operating systems will be used to access the content (Mac OS, IOS, Android, and Windows).
Thank you in advance for your help.
When it comes to adding a NAS system to your main media storage for audio and video collections, you'll be pleased to know that there are several software programs available to cater to your needs. While you currently use the Apple iTunes music app to organize your audio collection, you may wonder if similar apps are available on a NAS system. Fear not, as you have options such as Audio Station and Plex app that can serve as excellent alternatives. Additionally, if you're using an older DSM6 version, you'll even find the iTunes server app still available on the NAS. As for your video collection, Plex would be a fantastic choice, providing you with a seamless media management experience. Furthermore, if you intend to monitor your home's security cameras, including Wyze cam V3, Wyze pan cam V2, and Wyze outdoor cams, you can integrate them into your NAS system for convenient access and control. It's worth mentioning that your family members in different states and countries can also utilize the system, making it an inclusive solution. Given your above-average technical skills, you'll find it manageable to set up and configure the NAS system to suit your requirements. Moreover, with a variety of operating systems like Mac OS, iOS, Android, and Windows, you can access the content effortlessly from different devices.